You Run This Town Foundation – Orange County
You Run This Town Foundation OC (YRTTF OC) is committed to developing the next generation of leaders by providing scholarships to outstanding scholars. YRTTF OC offers scholarships to qualified graduating high school seniors and eligible college students who will attend a community college, 4-year university, or trade school during the 2024-2025 academic year. While the typical scholarship is $1,000, recipients of exceptional merit may be selected for Founder’s Circle scholarships of up to $2,500. Scholarship funds can be used to pay for: (1) tuition (2) housing (3) supplies such as books, computers and other items used for classes (4) public transportation (5) and other related school fees.
In Spring 2024 our Scholarship Committee will award scholarships to eligible college or trade school bound students who are currently working with one of YRTTF OC partnering agencies, and have participated in required YRTTF OC 2023/2024 enrichment workshops.
Please obtain your Username and Password from your site’s administrator or contact Jennifer Edwards, YRTTF OC, at email@example.com
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Please read ALL instructions carefully to ensure that you meet the minimum standards and submit all required information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior and/or an eligible college or trade school bound student who is currently working with one of YRTTF OC partnering agencies and has participated in ALL of YRTTF OC 2023/24 enrichment workshops.
- Minimum 2.5 academic GPA, as supported by transcripts.
- Completion of at least 10 hours of volunteer service and submission of volunteer form.
- ONE (1) letter of recommendation from educational professionals or other professionals (i.e., volunteer/extracurricular or job supervisor). Recommendations from family members will NOT be accepted.
- Letter of acceptance/admission/registration at College, University, Trade school or Vocational Institution.
- Applicant are asked to write an essay (500-750 words) addressing ONE of the following topics/questions:
- Discuss any obstacles you have overcome and how the experience will help you succeed in college and beyond.
- Considering your volunteer experiences, what was it like to give back and what did you learn? How can these experiences help you in the future?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What are your goals to one day Run This Town?
- Applications may be filled out by clicking on the “START APPLICATION” link below. Please do not fill out the application until all required documents have been completed and are ready to be uploaded.
- The deadline for all complete applications is Friday, March 29, 2024.
- Recipients will be selected by the YRTTF OC Scholarship Committee. Winners will be notified via email no later than Friday, April 19, 2024.
- If an applicant is selected to receive a scholarship, he/she will be honored at an award ceremony in May 2023 (details to follow).
- Upon receiving the school verification paperwork, YRTTF OC will mail funds directly to student’s college of attendance.
- Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- Download the “Volunteer Form” and “Reference Form”
- Fill in applicable fields.
- Save files.
- Email the corresponding file to your supervisor or reference to complete.
- Once the completed form has been emailed back to you, save your form and prepare to upload.
The following documents should be complete and ready to upload prior to completing the application. Scholarship application can not be saved and you can only submit once.
- Official transcript
- Updated resume (cover letter optional)
- List of completed volunteer hours
- Letter of Acceptance/Admission/Registration at College/University/Trade/Vocational Institution
- One letter of recommendation
- Reference form
- Copy of your ACT or SAT score sheet
Application Due Date: Friday, March 29, 2024
Winner(s) Announcement: Friday, April 19, 2024
Scholarship Awards Ceremony: TBD